A model. PHOTO/PEXELS
By FASHION CORRESPONDENT
A global members’ club for entrepreneurs that connects people, ideas and resources to ultimately further business opportunities, Mettā, has announced the call for applications to join its second cohort of Fashion Product Lab for upcoming designers.
The 10-week programme, taking place October- November and set to culminate in a runway show in December in Nairobi is the first-of-its-kind in Africa designed to support designers and give them access to work with early stage fashion-focused technology companies to launch their brands, showcase collections and scale their businesses.
The Fashion Product Lab powered by Mettā provides designers with the resources they need to transform ideas, commercialize their concepts and build successful businesses.
A model in a new design. PHOTO/PEXELS
Each of the 10 selected designers will participate in:
- Mentoring and collaboration from the participating fashion sector associations with Association of Fashion Designers in Kenya, Moringa School, Zumi, Umati Capital, Uwakili, Artcaffe, Metta and Nest.VC among others.
- Connections to relevant fashion technologies, business tools and innovative solutions
- Intensive curriculum tailored to the needs of early stage fashion businesses
- Meetings with senior business executives, investors, and experienced entrepreneurs
- Insightful workshops with experts and industry thought leaders
- Pitch ideas and showcase concepts at a Demo Day, where fashion retail executives, investors, and the press will be in attendance.
You can either BECOME A SPONSOR or MAKE A CONTRIBUTION
Nelson Mandela once said: “A critical, independent, and investigative press is the lifeblood of any democracy. The press must be free from state interference. It must have the economic strength to stand up to the blandishments of government officials. It must have sufficient independence from vested interests to be bold and inquiring without fear or favor. It must enjoy the protection of the constitution, so that it can protect our rights as citizens.”
If you like our journalism support us to continue bringing you groundbreaking and agenda setting stories.